This Sponge Cake recipe is perfect for quarantines, wherein each of us has a limited supply of ingredients. At such times, this 3 – ingredients recipe has come to your rescue. It has the most basic ingredients which will surely be available in all of our kitchens. So, now celebrate all occasions with this hassle free recipe.
Yield: Approximately 200 grams Sponge Cake
- 70 Grams of Biscuits / Cookies (Around 8-10 medium sized Biscuits)
- 70 ml Boiled Milk (at room temperature)
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celcius.
- Grind the cookies in a mixer grinder to a fine powder.
- Take the ground cookies in a mixing bowl and add the baking powder to it.
- Give it a quick mix with a whisk.
- Add milk in the dry ingredients’ mix in 3 portions, while whisking constantly.
- Once everything is well combined and the batter resembles a cake batter keep it aside.
- Grease a baking tin with oil and spread all-purpose flour onto it.
- Pour the batter into the greased tin and tap it 3-4 times.
- Bake it in the preheated oven at 180 degree celcius for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Do not over beat the cake batter.
- The cake can be topped with dried fruits, chocolate chips or tutti fruti.
- The cake can also be baked in a pressure cooker/ kadhai for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.