It is a recipe for situations when you have leftover bread in the refrigerator and are craving for something delicious at the same time. It is the simplest and less time consuming snack recipe that can be made with ingredients which are readily available at home.
Yield: Approximately 7 bread muffins
- 7 bread slices
- 4 tablespoons italian sauce/tomato sauce
- 50 grams of grated cottage cheese (Paneer)
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- Salt to taste
- 30 grams of grated mozarella cheese
- Preheat Oven to 180 degree celcius (375 degree F).
- Line a baking tray with butter paper.
- Grate the mozarella cheese and cottage cheese.
- Add pizza sauce, oregano and salt to it. give it a quick mix and keep aside.
- Take the bread slices and trim of the edges.
- Process the trimmed bread edges in a food processor to coarse crumbs and keep aside.
- Take the bread slices and insert them into muffin moulds one by one in such a way that the bread takes shape of the mould.
- Now put almost a tablespoon of the cottage cheese mixture into the bread cavity.
- Spread some grated mozarella cheese into each bread cup.
- Now sprinkle the processed bread crumbs on the top and brush the top of each cup with some melted butter.
- Then bake them in the preheated oven at 180 degree celcius (375 degree F) for around 8 – 10 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
- Firmly press the bread into the moulds, so that it takes the shape of the mould.
- Do not over bake them, as they will be soft in the beginning, but will crisp up once they cool down.