It was a hot summer evening and my taste buds were craving for the oven-hot brownie with chilled ice-cream. Being madly in love with the gooey, melting dark colored angel; chocolate, this sinful and addictive dessert has to be my favorite one.
I have almost tried a dozen of brownie recipes, but didn’t get any up to my expectations. Read this one in some magazine, made some modifications and got the perfect fudgy texture. It is a must try recipe.
Yield: 16 squares
- 100 grams walnuts, toasted
- 300 grams bitter sweet chocolate
- 150 grams butter, softened
- ¾ cup(155 grams) granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 ½ cup(225 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup(125 grams) sour cream
- ½ cup(95 grams) chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven at 165 degree Celsius. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Place the walnuts in the oven for about 5 min until just toasted.
- Melt the chocolate and butter on a double boiler mixing occasionally until mixture becomes smooth and shiny. Keep aside and let it cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until foamy and add sugar from the sides, not the allowing the air to escape.
- Then add the chocolate mixture and mix lightly with a spatula until just combined.
- Add flour, then sour cream and give it a stir.
- Spread walnuts and chocolate chips over the batter and give it a quick stir.
- Pour the batter onto the lined pan and tap it to get rid of excess air.
- Bake at 165 degree Celsius for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool before cutting into squares.
- Enjoy the brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and some hot chocolate sauce.
- Keep checking the brownie after 20 minutes as all oven take different amounts of time. Do not over bake, as this may lead to hard brownies.