Lets make a combination of our very own Kaju Katli and chocolaty dates. These cute little packets can make for a perfect gifting item or a festival sweet. The contrasting colour of the conventional kaju katli and choco flavoured dates complement each other perfectly well.
Yield: Approximately 40 medium-sized Cashew Fudges (Kaju Katli)
- 250 grams of Cashews
- 40 grams of Milk Powder
- 100 ml of Water
- 200 Grams of Sugar
- 40 Grams of Dates
- 20 Grams of Cocoa Powder
- Take the cashews, and grind them into a fine powder. Sieve it and add milk powder to it. Keep the mixture aside.
- In a small saucepan pour water and add granulated sugar to it. Simmer it over low heat, until Sugar melts. Stir it occasionally.
- Heat it until the sugar syrup reaches a 2 string consistency. (Take cold water in a small bowl and add the sygar syrup to it, if it settles to the bottom as a thick slurry, 2 string consistency has been reached.)
- Switch off the flame and add the cashew powder and milk powder mixture. Stir constantly until everything is well combined.
- Now spread a sheet of cling film and take the mixture on it. Now start combining the mix with the help of the cling film. Keep Kneading it until it forms a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into a 1 inch thick sheet and keep it aside.
- Take the pitted dated and cocoa powder in a mixer jar, and grind it into a thick paste.
- Roll this paste into a 1 inch thick sheet.
- Sandwich the dates sheet into 2 cashew sheets and cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Enjoy the fusion dessert.
- Grind the cashews into a fine powder. Do not let it leave any fat.
- Sieve it into a super fine powder.
- Do not let the sugar syrup be less or more thick than a 2 string consistency.