This has to be the most loved volcano, erupting molten chocolate instead of lava. It is like a mystery box, which reveals a surprise when dug into. Trust me, there is no rocket science involved in baking this tiny bombshell.
Perfect baking timing is the secret to a just baked outer crust with liquid chocolate oozing out of it, ready to be relished with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
Yield: approximately 8 small lava cakes
- 1 cup(180 grams) chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup (227 grams, 2 sticks) butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup fine sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour + little for dusting
- Put chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave it for 1-2 minutes on medium high stirring in intervals of 30 seconds. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cupcake tray and keep aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar for 8-10 minutes or until creamy and thick.
- Fold in the chocolate mixture and mix gently, finally adding the flour.
- Pour batter in greased tray and bake for 10-15 min at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) or until just set or wobbly in the center.
- Remove and invert on a serving plate. Dust with some cocoa powder and serve it hot with vanilla ice-cream or cream.
- Enjoy the hot liquid chocolate, gooey cake with chilled ice-cream! It will surely make your day!
- Take care not to over bake or under bake it. Wobbly top is the sign of a perfectly baked chocolate-lava cake.