Chocolate Chips Bread Pudding is a delicious humble bread pudding with a chocolaty twist to it. It is a simple one bowl recipe to satisfy all your dessert cravings. Anyone can whip up this delectable and wholemeal dish in a matter of minutes and will be loved equally by children as well as adults.
Yield: Approximately 8 servings.
- 6 Slices of Bread cut into cubes
- 150 ml of Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 67 grams of Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Instant Coffee
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 teaspoon of Granulated Sugar
- 8 tsp of Cinnamon
- Grease the baking tin with melted butter and lay the bread cubes evenly on it. Keep it aside.
- Preheat oven to 338 degrees F (170 degree Celsius).
- In a small bowl, take 1 tablespoon of warm water, add cocoa powder and instant coffee to it. Keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add milk, eggs,powdered sugar, vanilla and cocoa powder coffee mixture. Give it a quick mix until everything is well combined and sugar has melted.
- Add the above wet ingredients to the bread and spread it evenly.
- Now with a rubber spatula, press the bread cubes gently in order to cover all of them with the prepared liquid mixture.
- Keep it on the counter for around 15 – 20 minutes, so that the bread soaks up all the liquid.
- Cover it with dark chocolate chips.
- Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Now sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top for crunch.
- Bake it at 338 degrees F (170 degree Celsius) for 20-25 minutes. Check in between for a golden brown top.
- Let it cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes and the pudding is ready.
- Do not press the bread too much after adding the liquid.