This recipe is an utterly delicious combination of Cinnamon rolls and Ice-cream cones. These cinnamon roll cones are warm and perfect for the season. This crunchy treat is a flawless amalgamation of chilled icecream and homely, cozy and warm cinnamon rolls.
Yield: Approximately 20 Cinnamon Roll Cones
- 120 Grams of All-Purpose Flour
- 85 Grams Of Lukewarm Milk/ Water
- 8 Grams of Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 + 1/16 teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 7 grams of Softened Butter
- 8.5 Grams of Milk Powder
- In a small mixing bowl take 20 Grams of lukewarm milk/water and add powdered sugar to it. Stir it well until sugar is well dissolved in the milk.
- Then add in the active dry yeast into the above mixture. Stir it well and let it rest for around 5-10 minutes until the yeast bubbles up.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, take the all-purpose flour and add milk powder and salt to it. Then add in the salt and give it a quick mix.
- Then add in the activated yeast mixture in the dry ingredients and start mixing it with a hand mixture using a dough hook.
- Once everything is well combined, start adding rest of the warm milk gradually. Add it in portions slowly and keep mixing.
- Once a sticky mixture is obtained, stop mixing and shift the dough to a work surface.
- Start kneading the dough with clean hands.
- Use a bench scrapper to scrap the dough from the surface in between, as the dough tends to be sticky.
- Keep kneading until a soft dough is obtained.
- Then add in the softened butter to the dough and incorporate it in.
- Keep kneading and stretching the dough. Knead it for around 8 – 10 minutes until a soft dough is obtained.
- Take the bowl in which the dough was prepared and brush it will oil. Put the dough into it and brush the surface of dough with oil too.
- Cover the bowl with a plate or a kitchen towel and allow it to proof for 1-2 hours or until it doubles in volume.
- Then take a ball out from the dough and start rolling it into a thin sheet.
- Preheat Oven to 180 degree celcius (375 degree F).
- Line a baking tray with butter paper.
- Cut it into thin stripes and prepare an alluminium foil cone.
- Wrap a strip onto the coneand tuck the end under the strip. Start wrapping another strip and continue doing the same until the whole cone is covered with the dough.
- Prepare 6-8 similar cones and brush each with some melted butter.
- Line all cones on the lined baking tray and bake them 180 degree celcius (375 degree F) for 15-20 minutes or until they turn golden brown in colour.
- Once baked, Remove the alluminium foil from inside the cones and brush each with some melted butter.
- Then roll them in cinnamon sugar and place and ice-cream cone on top and enjoy the delicious crunchy treat.
- Do not add excess water into the dough.
- Do not over bake the cinnamon roll cones.