These Caramel Cornflake Bars are a wholesome treat, which can be enjoyed with a hot cup of milk and is sure to keep the tummy full for a long time. It is a very simple recipe, which can be made in around 15 – 20 minutes. It can be savoured as a mini breakfast or can be carried as an evening snack for any sweet hunger cravings.
Yield: Approximately 4 Large Sized Bars
- 50 Grams of Dried Fruits (Raisins, Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios, Figs)
- 40 Grams of Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 40 Grams of Cornflakes
- Finely chop the dried fruits and keep them aside
- Spread some vegetable oil into a tin with a silicon brush and keep it aside.
- Over medium heat, place a small saucepan, and add sugar to it.
- Add honey and butter to it and mix everything thoroughly.
- Once everything is well combined, let the sugar melt and caramel turn into a golden colour.
- Then switch off the heat and immediately add in the cornflakes and dried fruits.
- Mix everything well and put it in the prepared tin.
- Level the mixture with a rubber spatula until a smooth surface is obtained.
- Now set it aside for 15-20 minutes until the bar hardens.
- Once cooled, cut the bars into smaller pieces and enjoy it.
- Keep it in an air tight container to save them from becoming sticky and soft.
- Do not let the caramel become dark golden, as it could taste bitter.
- Do not forget to oil the tin, as it helps release the bars easily.