This is another favored kind of recipe for drop cookies. If chewy cookies are your preference, this recipe has to be your top choice. As compared to the butter recipe for drop cookies, these are more on the chewy side than the crunchy one.
Beyond a doubt, this recipe brings forth superior quality of chocolate chip cookie. But I thought of trying coconut-poppy seeds combination and it turned out to be an awesome combo.
Yield: 16-20 medium-sized cookies
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated coconut
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F (165 degree Celsius).
- In a medium sized bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, add together sugar, egg yolks, poppy seeds, oil, coconut and vanilla. Add egg mixture into flour mixture until combined (dough will be dry). Add little milk if required.
- Drop dough by teaspoonful, 2 inches apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake cookies at 375 degree F (165 degree Celsius) until golden brown for about 10 to 14 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Transfer cookies while hot to wire racks, and let cool completely.
- While pouring on the baking tray, take care that you do not put a lot of batter, as these cookies spread double their size after getting baked.