Italian combined with Mexican, could turn out into a crazy amalgamation of flavours. We are trying out some healthy italian spiced nachos and I guarentee, they will be a hit onto the health as well as the taste meter.
Lets get straight into the recipe.
Yield: Approximately 500 grams of regular sized nachos.
- 236 ml water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (160 Grams) cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose floor
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons italian herbs (oregano, thyme, basil, parsley)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degree Celsius).
- In a saucepan, add water and heat until it comes to a simmer.
- Add baking soda into it and give it a mix until it comes to a boil.
- Add the cornmeal and instantly switch off the flame. Mix it thoroughly until no cormeal is left dry.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove it from the pan onto a plate and add all-purpose floor, salt and italian spices into it.
- Start kneading the mix until a soft pliable dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough into a super fine sheet and cut it into the nacho shapes(triangles).
- Place them onto a baking plate and spread some vegetable oil onto the nachos.
- Bake them at 350 degrees F (180 degree Celsius) for 10-12 minutes. Check in between for a golden brown top.
- Let it cool on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes and the nachos are ready.
- Serve it with some spicy sauce or savour them as they are.
- Do not add extra water in the recipe.
- Roll the dough into a very thin sheet for crispier nachos.
- Do not Over bake them.
- Let them rest on the wire rack before storing them, as they might turn soft if done so.