The kiwi candy has a perfect balance between the sweet and tangy flavours of kiwi. This recipe allows you to enjoy the juicy and wonderful flavours of this tropical fruit for a longer duration of time. This delicious recipe is perfect for kids who do not like fruits or can surely be a better version of the store-bought candy. Lets give this mouthwatering 2-ingredients’ recipe a try.
Yield: Approximately 10 Kiwi Candies
- 2 Peeled Kiwis
- 50 Grams Granulated Sugar
- Slice the peeled kiwis into thick slices.
- Pour the granulated sugar into a shallow saucepan over medium heat.
- Place the kiwi slices on top of the sugar and let the sugar melt.
- When the sugar melts completely and starts sizzling, check the consistency of the sugar syrup.
- Once the sugar syrup turns into a one string consistency, take it off the heat.
- Place the kiwis on top a butter paper.
- Either Dry them under the sun for around 24 hours or put it into the oven at 70 degree celcius for around 1 hour, until the candy dries up totally and is not sticky to touch.
- Enjoy them or store them into an air tight container in a clean and dry place.
- Do not make the kiwi slices too thin as they might break once heated.
- Dry the candy completely or it might get bad after a day or two.
- The kiwi can be diced and transformed into a candy too.