This Layered Toffee is a combination of buttery sweet toffee, Bittersweet dark chocolate and rich dried fruits. It is a perfect gifitng item for this festive season. This sweet treat is surely a show-stopper at any party.
Yield: Approximately 10 medium sized toffee pieces.
- 50 Grams of Powdered Sugar
- 42.5 Grams of Softened (Room Temperature) Butter
- 7.5 ml of Water
- 1/2 tablespoon of Glucose Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
- 1/16 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 45 Grams of chopped Dark Chocolate
- 50 Grams of Dried Fruits (Almonds, Walnuts, Pistachios)
- Firstly chop the Dried Fruits roughly and dry roast them into a shallow saucepan or in the microwave.
- Then line a baking pan with some butter paper.
- Then pour half of the roasted dried fruits in the lined baking pan and keep it aside.
- In a saucepan, take some powdered sugar, softened butter, water and glucose syrup into it and simmer on low heat.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly until everything is well combined.
- Keep heating it until the syrup turns into a dark amber colour.
- Once the desired colour is obtained, switch off the heat and add in vanilla essence and baking soda into it.
- Stir it constantly until evrything is well combined.
- Now carefully pour the caramel over the dried fruits into the prepared baking pan. Spread it evenly.
- Now put the chopped chocolate pieces over the toffee syrup and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Then spread the chocolate which would have been melted due to the heat of the hot toffee syrup.
- Onto this, spread the other half of the roasted dried fruits.
- Freeze the layered toffee into the fridge for 15-20 minutes or until it sets.
- Once set, Remove it from the pan and take off the butter paper, snap into desired shapes and enjoy the delicious sweet treat.
- Do not let the caramel turm into a dark brown colour.
- Be careful when handling the piping hot syrup.
- Store it into an air tight container in a cool dry place for around a week.