Once in while, i like depicting my self to be a health conscious being (though I am not even a speck close to that. LOL!). If you come in the similar pigeonhole as mine , there cannot be any other full-proof recipe as this one. It’s chock-full health benefits would make you guilt free for almost a dozen of your next not so healthy desserts.
Talking about the texture of these pleasing oatmeal cookies, their top crunch is to die for. The chewy center owing to the deep golden goodness of honey perfectly balances the crispy covering. Enough of picturisation, let us practically go ahead with the recipe.
Yield: approximately 24 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups (160 grams) all-purpose flour
1 cup (90 grams) rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) fine sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 grams) softened butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (165 degree Celsius).
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, oats,sugar. Give the mixture a quick stir and keep aside.
- In a saucepan, add butter, honey, baking soda and water. Simmer over low heat stirring continuously until butter melts.
- Add butter mixture to floor mixture carefully. Mix well until dough is formed.
- Scoop out tablespoons of dough and place each on prepared greased baking pan.
- Flatten all the balls a little and bake at 375 degrees F (165 degree Celsius) for 15-20 min or until top turns slightly crunchy and golden brown.
- Transfer on wire rack and let them cool.
- Do not over bake the cookies. They will slightly soft when warm , but gradually become crunchy after cooling.
- Keep in an air tight container for them to remain crunchy.