Orange jelly is a very refreshing and satisfying sweet. It can be a show stopper at any party or can be used as a token of love to a closed one. It is a hit amongst kids and adults equally. Lets Make this yummy 3 – ingredient Orange jelly.
HAPPY BAKING !
Yield: Approximately 12 Orange Jelly Squares
- 4 Medium Sized Oranges
- 2 Tablespoons of Granulated Sugar (Might vary as per the sweetness of the oranges)
- 3 Tablespoons of Corn Flour
- 4 tablespoons of desicated coconut
- Juice out of 4 medium sized oranges and keep aside.
- Take a deep container for setting the jelly and brush it with some vegetable oil with a silicon brush and keep it aside.
- Put a saucepan on medium heat and pour the orange juice into it, keeping 1-2 tablespoons of juice aside.
- Then add in the granulated sugar and give it a quick stir until sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add cornflour to the remaining orange juice. Mix thoroughly until no lumps of cornflour are left behind.
- Add this slurry to the simmering orange juice mixture and mix everything together.
- Keep stirring the mixture until it thickens and reduces to almost half of its original quantity.
- Switch off the flame and pour the jelly mix into the greased container.
- Put it in the refrigerator for around 6 – 8 hours or preferably overnight until the jelly sets.
- Once the jelly sets, cut it into bite sized squares and remove carefully with a rubber spatula.
- Then coat the jelly pieces with the desicated coconut for added flavour and texture.
- Enjoy the refreshing orange jelly.
- Make sure that the cornflour slurry is lump free before adding it to the simmering orange juice.
- Do not try to cut the jelly pieces before the jelly sets properly.