This cake variety is rightfully entitled as a pound cake, as all its basic ingredients weigh a pound. It has the most straight-forward recipe amongst all.
If you desperately wish to gulp down a piece of cake instantly, this has to be the best pick. Best way to bake this cake is in a mug, which acts as the mixing bowl, baking container as well as serving dish. Dig in the mug with a scoop of vanilla scoop and feel contented.
Yield: approximately a large mug cake
- ½ cup – 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup fine white sugar
- ½ cup eggs ( approximately 2 ½ – 3 eggs)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a baking pan and keep aside.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the oil and sugar. Add beaten eggs and vanilla extract to it and continue whisking.
- Add dry ingredients (flour mixture) to the wet ingredients gradually (not all at once) just until everything comes together and forms a smooth-silky-shiny batter.
- Pour batter in the greased pan and bake for 20-25 min at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Do not try and experiment with the ingredients quantities, as any change would yield a product which would no more be a “POUND” cake.