Lets make a gorgeous looking layered snack, Puff Pastry Flowers. These are flaky, simple, crunchy salted snack, great for munching at tea-time. A party treat sure to impress the guests, which looks complicated, but is super easy and fun to make. It just needs 4 ingredients and is no rocket science. So go ahead and try out this yummy treat. HAPPY BAKING!
Yield: Approximately 25 Puff pastry Flowers.
- 250 grams of All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons of Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Cup (118 grams) of Water
- In a mixing bowl, take the Mava and add salt to it.
- Put clarified butter into it and start rubbing it between the fingers. Continue rubbing it until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Start adding water into it in portions and keep kneading.
- Knead it until a soft dough is obtained.
- Keep the dough aside for around 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the rolling surface. Dust the surface and rolling pin with floor.
- Take a small ball out of the dough and start rolling it.
- Roll it super thin until the sheet turns transluscent.
- Take a round cookie cutter and cut out the dough into small circles. Do the same for the whole dough.
- Take one of the circles and dust it with floor, then take a cotton bud, dip it in water and mark a horizontal line through the diameter of the circle.
- Now place another circle ontop of the first one and repeat the procedure 4 times.
- Place the fifth circle and then using a skewer, indent over the marked diameter, so that all circles stick to each other over the line, while rest of the circle remains detached.
- Now take a pan and heat up oil for frying the pastry flower.
- The oil should not be too hot or cold. Put a pastry flower in oil and separate all the layers using a spatula.
- Flip it and fry the flower from both sides.
- Once the pastry flower turns light golden brown in colour, remove it from the oil and soak out the excess oil ising a tissue paper.
- The layered puff pastry flowers are ready, to be savoured.
- It is necessary to rub the clarified butter properly into the floor for obtaining a flaky puff pastry.
- Do not add water under or over the limit into the dough.
- Be careful about applying water on the circles as that is the process which is going to yiels a beautiful puff pastry flower.
- Do not fry the flowers in hot oil, as they may remain undercooked.
- It is important to open up the puff pastry layers, or else the desired shape will not be obtained.